Saturday, March 6, 2010

Changes

I haven't had much to say lately. Our lives keep on going in the same vein we've been in for a year now (I can't believe it's been a year since we moved here). Chad works, a lot, I take care of Hailey, et cetera. Recently, though, there have been some changes.

I might have mentioned that Chad's uncle passed away several months ago, and his restaurant, where Chad works, was put up for sale. It has been sold, and Chad has decided that it is time to move on. There is not likely much of a future for him there, so about 3 weeks ago, he began job hunting. Aggressively. He has now been on 2 interviews with one company, and was offered a position after the first interview with another company (he turned it down).

In the meantime, my first federal extension on my unemployment ran out at the same time that a senator from Kentucky (can't remember his name at the moment) voted no for another federal extension. That was a scary couple of days, waiting to find out what was going to happen. Happily, when the Senate reconvened, he voted with the majority and I got my unemployment back. Even more happily, one of the job interviews that I went on a couple of weeks ago called me back, and I GOT A JOB!!!

Officially, my title is administrative assistant, which is not the job I envisioned for myself while racking up my student loan debt. Unfortunately, that debt is for a degree in English, which really didn't do much for me in the job market. However, I am very excited about this position. It is a small office, working with a doctor and his wife, and I think that I will enjoy the job. I'm sad about sending Hailey off to daycare again, because I have enjoyed my time at home with her, but I do recognize the need for her to have some time with other kids, and I definitely won't miss the tantrums that we've started throwing on a semi-regular basis. Plus, I have Friday afternoons off, which means that I will still have 3 1/2 days a week to hang with my girl. And Chad currently has Thursdays off, so we're planning that they'll have some "daddy-daughter" time on those days (something that hasn't happened prior to this).

All in all, lots of exciting changes at our house. And maybe with the new happenings in our lives, I'll have more to say on here.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read and hear aout all of the things that God is ding in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kat!!!! That is so wonderful, and I know it is a huge answer to many prayers!! We will keep praying and we know that it will all work together for good!!! Love you guys! XOXO

    ReplyDelete