Saturday, April 3, 2010

The number 2

Hailey is 26 months. Which makes her 2 years and 2 months. Since she was about 18 months, she has been "practicing" for two. And it's here now. And my beautiful, smart, funny little girl occasionally turns into someone I don't recognize. And don't like. Worse than that, when she turns into that child that I don't know or like, I turn into this yelling, screaming, wreck of a mommy because I can't figure out what it is that she needs/wants (or sometimes just what will shut her up). Don't get me wrong, I still love her when she's being nasty mean Hailey, but it makes for some very rough days.

We recently got rid of her pacifier, which was relatively easy to do. Unfortunately, what we also gave up was naptime. Seems that without a "chachu," she simply can't soothe herself to sleep. Darn it. Probably that will come back when she goes back to daycare next week, but maybe not. Equally frustrating was the return of poop art. Yesterday I washed her sheets twice. And gave her three baths. Her sheets were washed night before last b/c of another poop incident. That's right, 3 times in 24 hours I washed her sheets. Sigh.

As a result, yesterday I decided that it was time for her to graduate to a toddler bed. So I turned her crib into a day bed (with no bed rail), which only resulted in me contemplating the possibility of turning it back into a crib in the wee small hours. I decided it might be more traumatic to change it back, but I also got NO sleep. And remember that part about no naps? Even though we played outside for an hour, went to the library, Target, and Babies R Us, still no nap today. I couldn't even get her to lay down for a solid hour in my bed with me.

Suddenly, going back to work doesn't look so unappealing. For eight hours a day, someone else gets to fight my strongwilled child, and I get to hang out with grown ups.

Gotta go, bad Hailey is back, and she just pinched the heck out of the dog....ARGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment