Friday, August 14, 2009

Guilty

I feel so guilty about this blog. As I said before, I am horrible at correspondence. I told a friend who lives in Israel that I'd write to her, simply because we like written correspondence. That was in April. Last week, I finally sent her a letter. So this blog has become one more thing.

My life isn't busy. I went from commuting/working 11 hours a day in Dallas (at a job I hated, mind you), to being a stay at home mom. We could certainly use the income from me having a job, but my life is definitely less...routine. And yet I feel guilt. My house is a mess, perpetually, although not the kind of mess it was in Dallas. In Dallas, it was a(n) "I work all day and when I get home all I want to do is play with my kiddo." kind of mess. Here, my kitchen (which I actually use) is infinitely cleaner, while my living room is not. I did manage to unpack everything when we moved here, which I have not done in quite some time.

So I started this blog to keep me entertained, possibly entertain some other people, and keep up with family and friends. Now I feel guilty when I don't post, or when I do but its not entertaining. I don't know why I feel the need to entertain you people. (Kidding.) I don't want it to be a forum for complaint, or a means to tell you every time Hailey burps. Nor do I need to be a stand up comic. Also, not a diary. I'd make some rules for myself, but I'm pretty sure I'd just break them. Although I did make the rule not to use smiley faces and to limit my elipses (that's the ... for you non-English geeks), and I think I've done okay there.

Thanks for listening to me complain. Next time, my neuroses about books (seriously, I have some issues). Or maybe not. Stay tunes!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm sorry I'm just now reading this, but ya know, I'm all for complaining! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an incredible new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

    Major companies are paying people just for sharing their opinions!

    You can earn from $5 to $75 per survey!

    This is open to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete